Porcini mushroom sauce with cream is a delicious, tender and hearty dish with a great aroma that can add variety to the usual menu. It can be prepared on the basis of broths, sour cream, cream, mayonnaise, milk or wine. It is often served as a gravy to pasta, cereals or vegetable puree, but the use of mushroom sauce with cream as a main course is not excluded.
How to cook porcini mushrooms with cream
Mushroom sauce is prepared from both fresh and dry or frozen fruit bodies. Dried specimens will need to be held in water for a while so that they are saturated with liquid and regain their shape. Defrosting may be required depending on the desired consistency of the future gravy. If the porcini mushrooms in the finished dish are to be cut into pieces or they are planned to be fried until golden brown, then the fruit bodies must be thawed. In other cases, this is not necessary.
The sauce is made from fresh, dry and frozen mushrooms
To get a thick gravy consistency, add starch or flour to it, you can also use cheese or other ingredients. Flour is pre-fried in a dry frying pan or in butter until brown. This will make the finished dish tastier and get a beautiful brown color.
Fruit bodies are cut very finely for cooking, sometimes they even use a blender or meat grinder. Otherwise, instead of gravy, you get porcini mushrooms stewed in cream.
Usually, onions are added to the gravy to enhance and emphasize the taste and smell of boletus. It should be cut as small as possible so that it is practically invisible.
If a recipe needs to fry an ingredient, it is best to use butter, although vegetable oil is also allowed.
Mushroom sauce can be served as a gravy, in which case it should be hot. It can be placed cold on the table as a separate dish. To prevent a film from forming on it when it cools, cover it with pre-oiled parchment paper.
White mushroom recipes with cream
There are many ways to prepare porcini mushrooms, but boletus and cream sauce is the best dish that can be made from this product. Below are the best recipes with photos of porcini mushroom sauces with cream - classic, as well as with the addition of ingredients such as nutmeg, garlic, onions, processed cheese. Each of them changes the taste and aroma of the finished gravy in its own way.
Classic creamy mushroom sauce with porcini mushrooms
Creamy mushroom sauce, prepared according to the classic recipe, stands out with an unforgettable aroma and amazing taste.
- fresh boletus - 170 g;
- 240 g onions;
- 40 g flour;
- 480 ml of mushroom broth;
- 120 g butter;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- salt, black pepper - to taste.
Creamy mushroom sauce can be served with pasta and chicken
- Clean the fruit bodies, wash, add salted water, boil until tender. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon, rinse, cool, cut into small cubes. Do not pour out the broth.
- Put finely chopped onion in a saucepan, sauté until soft.
- Finely chop the garlic, put together with the boletus in a saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes on a minimum flame, stirring so that the dish does not burn.
- Pour flour into a frying pan and brown with butter. Add broth, stir quickly so that no lumps form. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Pour the liquid into the boletus, add pepper and salt, mix. You can use a hand blender to get a delicate, homogeneous mass.
- Cover the gravy and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, leave for 10 minutes.
Important! The dish according to the classic recipe goes well with pasta, as well as with chicken.
Dry porcini mushroom sauce with cream
It doesn't take long to prepare this dish. You can change its consistency by increasing or decreasing the amount of flour.
- dried porcini mushrooms - 20 g;
- 0.2 l cream (low fat);
- 20 g flour;
- 40 g butter;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
Adding flour makes mushroom sauce thick
Step by step cooking:
- Pour cold water into a bowl, place porcini mushrooms and leave for 6-8 hours to swell.
- Wash the prepared fruit bodies, put in a saucepan, add water, put on fire. After boiling, cook for 5 minutes, remembering to remove the resulting foam.
- Season with salt and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the water, dry the boletus and grind it in a blender.
- Add flour into a frying pan with melted butter and fry a little. Pour in the cream and, stirring vigorously, continue to cook until thickened.
- Put the fruit bodies, salt and pepper. Keep on fire for another 2-3 minutes and set aside the gravy until it cools completely.
If desired, you can add your favorite spices or seasonings to the finished dish.
Porcini mushrooms in a creamy sauce
This sauce is considered universal because it goes well with any dish.
- 150 g fresh or frozen fruit bodies;
- 0.25 l cream 10% fat;
- 100 g of onions;
- 100 g butter;
- 120 ml of water;
- 30 g fresh dill;
- salt, black pepper to taste.
Creamy mushroom sauce can be served with meat and potatoes
- Peel, cut the fruit bodies into medium-sized cubes.
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- In a saucepan with melted butter, fry the onion until lightly browned.
- Add the fruit bodies to the dishes, continue cooking until the moisture has completely evaporated.
- Add pepper, salt and cream. While stirring, cook for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the dill, put in a saucepan, continue stewing for 5 minutes.
- Grind the gravy in a blender until smooth.
- Return the almost finished dish to the saucepan, boil and cook until the desired thickness.
Advice! Creamy sauce with porcini mushrooms is served with meat, poultry, pasta, potatoes.
Porcini mushroom sauce with cream
Dry porcini mushrooms, stewed in cream, will become a delicious gravy for meat dishes and side dishes. Cooking process:
- dried boletus - 30 g;
- 1 glass of hot water;
- 1 shallots;
- 1 tbsp. l. butter;
- 0.5 tsp thyme;
- 0.25 glass of cream;
- 0.3 cups grated Parmesan cheese;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil;
- salt, black pepper - to taste.
Porcini mushroom sauce is served with meat dishes and side dishes
Step by step cooking:
- Pour the dried porcini mushrooms with hot water and leave to restore their shape. After 20 minutes, drain the water and save for further cooking.
- Cut the fruit bodies into small cubes, finely chop the onion and garlic.
- In a frying pan with melted butter, fry boletus, garlic, onion, thyme and pepper for two minutes. Salt the dish.
- Mix cream and water, pour into a frying pan.
- Pour in the parmesan. Stir constantly and simmer the gravy for 2-4 minutes.
Advice! The gravy is boiled until it reaches the desired consistency.
Sauce with porcini mushrooms, cream and cream cheese
To prepare 4 servings of this dish, you will need:
- porcini mushrooms - 200 g;
- 300 ml cream 20% fat;
- 30 g butter;
- 50 g processed cheese;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 onion;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
The sauce will turn out to be the most fragrant if you use frozen porcini mushrooms for its preparation.
- Wash the fruit bodies and cut into cubes.
- Melt the butter in a preheated frying pan, add the porcini mushrooms and fry.
- Add finely chopped garlic-onion mixture to the boletus.
- Grate the melted cheese on a coarse grater.
- Add cream to the pan, season with salt and pepper, mix everything.
- Add the processed cheese and simmer until boiling.
Creamy mushroom sauce is great with meat dishes.
Porcini mushroom sauce with garlic
In this recipe, garlic is used to spice up the dish, and lemon peel gives an incredible flavor.
- porcini mushrooms - 230 g;
- 60 g butter;
- 10 g lemon zest;
- 60 g of cheese;
- 360 ml cream;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- nutmeg, black pepper, salt - to taste.
Porcini mushroom sauce with garlic is obtained with a delicate and spicy taste
- Boil the fruit bodies, cool, cut into slices.
- Fry porcini mushrooms in melted butter in a pan for about half a minute.
- Chop the garlic, add to the boletus, add the cream, mix thoroughly.
- Add lemon zest, spices, salt.
- Simmer porcini mushrooms in cream in a pan, stirring constantly for three minutes.
- Grate and pour in the cheese.
The gravy is cooked until the cheese is completely dissolved.
Porcini mushroom sauce with onions and cheese
The boletus dish with cream, cheese and onions goes well with spaghetti. To make it more tasty and rich, you can add minced meat to the composition.
- 230 g minced meat;
- porcini mushrooms - 170 g;
- 130 g of cheese;
- 50 ml olive oil;
- 330 ml cream;
- 150 g of onions;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- salt, pepper, herbs - to taste.
You can add a little minced meat to the porcini sauce for a richer taste.
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Peel, wash and chop the fruit bodies.
- Put the garlic and onion in a preheated pan. Fry for three minutes.
- Mix porcini mushrooms with minced meat, add to the pan. Season with pepper and salt. Cook for about seven minutes, stirring frequently to avoid clumping.
- Add cream and simmer over low heat. Pour chopped cheese into the boiled mass and mix. Leave on the stove for about a minute more. Serve hot.
Fresh herbs are added to the finished sauce to taste.
Mushroom sauce of porcini mushrooms with cream and nutmeg
The sauce with boletus and cream, made according to this recipe, has an indescribable aroma. It goes well with side dishes, meat or poultry.
To cook porcini mushrooms with cream and nutmeg, you will need:
- fresh porcini mushrooms - 400 g;
- 1 head of onion;
- 200 ml cream 20% liquid;
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil;
- 1 tbsp. butter;
- 2 g nutmeg;
- pepper and salt to taste.
Sauce mushrooms can be chopped in a blender or meat grinder
- Wash the fruit bodies, peel, boil for 40 minutes, drain the water, chop finely.
- Introduce a mixture of butter and vegetable oil into a saucepan, fry the boletus.
- Add chopped onion, salt and pepper, continue cooking.
- Add flour, stir, fry.
- Add the cream, stirring in the nutmeg, boil and simmer the gravy over low heat for 8 minutes until the desired consistency is obtained.
Advice! At the end of cooking and before serving, the dish can be garnished with chopped herbs.
Calorie content of porcini mushrooms with cream
Boletus itself is not a high-calorie product - it contains only 34 kcal per 100 g. If you make a gravy from it, this value will be higher due to the addition of other ingredients. A classic sauce per 100 g of product contains 102 kcal, with nutmeg - 67 kcal, with garlic - 143 kcal, with cheese and onions - 174 kcal, with melted cheese - 200 kcal.
Porcini mushroom sauce with cream can be served as a main course or as an addition to meat, poultry, and various side dishes. It has an amazing taste, great aroma, and also does not contain a large number of calories, therefore it is suitable for people who are watching their figure.