Plants need minerals for active growth and fruiting. Complex fertilizers, which include elements vital for plants, are considered especially effective. One of them is nitroammophoska, which is suitable for feeding all types of crops.
Nitroammophoska contains three main components: nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K). NPK complex directly affects the growth and fruiting of horticultural crops.
The fertilizer consists of small granules of a gray-pink flower, readily soluble in water. The shade varies depending on the batch and manufacturer.
Nitrogen contributes to the formation of green mass in plants, the passage of the processes of photosynthesis and metabolism. With a lack of nitrogen, the growth of crops slows down, which affects their appearance. As a result, the growing season is shortened and the yield decreases.
During the development period, the plantings need phosphorus. The trace element is involved in cell division and root growth. With a lack of phosphorus, the color and shape of the leaves change, the roots die off.
Potassium affects yield, fruit taste and plant immunity. Its deficiency reduces the resistance of plants to diseases and pests. Such feeding is especially important during the period of active growth. Potassium is introduced in the fall to increase the winter hardiness of shrubs and trees.
Important! The use of nitroammofosk fertilizer in the garden is possible at any stage of crop growth. Therefore, feeding with nitroammophos is carried out during the entire growing season of plants.
The nitroammofosk contains forms that are easily assimilated by plants. Phosphorus is present in three compounds, they become active after use. The main compound is monocalcium phosphate, which dissolves in water and does not accumulate in the soil.
Advantages and disadvantages
Nitroammofoska is an effective fertilizer that benefits when used correctly. When using a substance, you need to consider its pros and cons.
Advantages of nitroammophoska:
- high concentration of useful minerals;
- the presence of a complex of substances necessary for the development of crops;
- good water solubility;
- home storage;
- preservation of structure and color within the shelf life.
- increase in productivity up to 70%;
- variety of uses;
- affordable price.
- is of artificial origin;
- short shelf life (no more than 6 months from the date of manufacture);
- long-term use leads to the accumulation of nitrates in the soil and plants;
- the need to comply with storage rules due to flammability and explosiveness.
Varieties and analogues
Depending on the concentration of the active ingredients, several types of nitroammophoska are distinguished. They are used on different types of soil.
The most common fertilization is 16:16:16. The content of each of the main components is 16%, the total amount of nutrients is more than 50%. The fertilizer is universal and suitable for any soil. Sometimes the notation 1: 1: 1 is used, which indicates an equal ratio of basic substances.
Important! The composition 16:16:16 is universal: it is used for pre-sowing fertilization, feeding seedlings and adult plants.
On soils with a deficiency of phosphorus and potassium, apply the composition 8:24:24. Their final content reaches 40% or more. Top dressing is effective for root crops, winter crops, potatoes, suitable for regions with frequent rains. It is introduced into the soil after harvesting grain and legumes.
If the soils are rich in phosphorus, then nitroammophoska is used in the composition of 21: 0.1: 21 or 17: 0.1: 28. On other types of soil, it is used before planting rapeseed, forage crops, sugar beets, sunflowers.
Manufacturers produce nitroammophos, the composition of which takes into account the characteristics of a particular region. In the Voronezh region, fertilizers are sold at 15:15:20 and 13:13:24. The local soil contains little potassium, and such feeding provides high yields.
Nitroammofosk has analogs that are similar in composition:
- Azofoska. In addition to the main three elements, it contains sulfur. Has a similar effect on plants.
- Ammofoska. The fertilizer is enriched with sulfur and magnesium. Suitable for cultivating crops in greenhouses.
- Nitrofoska. In addition to the main complex, it includes magnesium. Contains nitrogen forms that are quickly washed out of the soil.
- Nitroammophos. Does not contain potassium, which limits its scope.
Order of use
The use of nitroammofosk fertilizer is possible before planting crops or during their growing season. The best results are obtained on chernozem soils with high moisture levels.
If the soil is dense in structure, then the penetration of nutrients is slower. It is better to fertilize black earth and heavy clay soil in the fall. Fertilizer is applied to light soil in spring.
Plants are processed at any stage. The last feeding is carried out 3 weeks before harvesting. Application rates depend on the type of crop.
After processing with nitroammophos, the immunity of tomatoes is strengthened, their growth and fruiting are accelerated. The fertilizer is combined with other substances containing potassium and phosphorus: superphosphate, potassium sulfate.
The order of the subcortex of tomatoes includes several stages:
- 2 weeks after transplanting to a greenhouse or to an open area;
- one month after the first treatment;
- when forming ovaries.
For the first feeding, a solution is prepared, consisting of 1 tbsp. l. substances in a large bucket of water. Pour 0.5 liters under the bush.
The next treatment is prepared in combination with organic matter. A 10 liter bucket of water requires a tablespoon of fertilizer and 0.5 kg of poultry droppings.
For the third feeding, in addition to nitroammofosk add 1 tbsp. sodium humate. The resulting product is applied at the root of the plants.
The use of nitroammofosk fertilizer for cucumbers increases the number of ovaries and the duration of fruiting. Feeding cucumbers includes two stages:
- introduction into the soil before planting the crop;
- watering until the ovaries appear.
For 1 sq. m soil requires 30 g of substance. To form ovaries, cucumbers are watered with a solution consisting of 1 tbsp. fertilizers for 5 liters of water. The amount of funds for each bush is 0.5 liters.
Nitroammofoska is used when planting potatoes. In each well, 1 tsp of the substance is placed, which is mixed with the soil. Top dressing accelerates root formation and growth.
Planted potatoes are watered with a solution. For 20 liters of water add 2 tbsp. substances.
Peppers and eggplants
Solanaceous crops are fed in the spring. 3 weeks after planting in the ground, a nutrient solution is prepared, consisting of 40 g of fertilizer in a large bucket of water.
Top dressing stimulates the fruiting of peppers and eggplants, improves the taste and quality of the fruit. Processing is carried out in the morning or evening.
Berry and fruit crops
Nitroammofoska is used for root feeding of fruiting shrubs and trees. Usage rates are defined as follows:
- 400 g for apple, pear, plum and other fruit trees;
- 50 g for raspberries;
- 70 g for gooseberry and currant bushes;
- 30 g for strawberries.
The substance is embedded in the planting hole. During the season, shrubs and trees are sprayed with a solution. For 10 liters of water, nitroammofosk is added in an amount of 10 g.
The vineyard is also treated with a nutrient solution on the leaf. The concentration of the substance is 2 tbsp. onto a large bucket of water.
Flowers and indoor plants
In the spring, the flower garden is fed a couple of weeks after the sprouts appear. The fertilizer is suitable for annuals and perennials. For 10 liters of water, 30 g is enough.
When buds are formed, a more concentrated solution is prepared, including 50 g of fertilizer. Additional processing is carried out during the flowering period.
Fertilizing for garden roses is especially effective. It is better to feed roses in spring and autumn, and during the season it is enough to spray with a solution.
Indoor plants are sprayed with a solution of 20 g of fertilizer per 5 liters of water. Processing promotes flowering.
Nitroammofosk belongs to the 3rd class of safety. If the rules of use and storage are violated, the substance harms humans, plants and the environment.
Rules for using nitroammophoska:
- Do not overheat the fertilizer. Store it in a room with a temperature below + 30 ° C. Do not leave the substance near a heater, stove, or other heat source.
- Monitor the humidity level in the storage area. The maximum value is 50%.
- Do not leave nitroammophos near substances that are flammable (wood, paper). It is best to store it in a building made of brick or other refractory material.
- Do not store the substance next to other fertilizers to avoid the occurrence of a chemical reaction.
- Transport fertilizer by land transport in compliance with the temperature regime.
- Apply before the expiration date.
- Dose according to accepted standards.
- Use gloves, do not allow the fertilizer to come into contact with mucous membranes, skin, and the respiratory tract. If you have an allergic reaction or poisoning, see your doctor.
- After applying nitroammofosk fertilizer in the garden, store it out of the reach of children and pets.
Nitroammofoska is a complex fertilizer, the use of which has a positive effect on plants. The substance is introduced in accordance with the norms. Subject to the rules of storage and use, the fertilizer does not harm humans and the environment.