Cucumber juice for the winter is a healthy drink, but not everyone knows how to make a preparation. Most vegetables are grown in greenhouses and outdoors, some people grow gherkins right on the windowsill. 95% of the composition is water, but the liquid has a number of useful properties. Vitamins and macronutrients have a positive effect on the cardiovascular, nervous system and heal the kidneys.
Is it possible to prepare cucumber juice for the winter
Preservation of cucumber juice is an idea that allows you to preserve the healing properties of the drink. In winter, the skin requires special care. A frozen drink in the form of ice cubes helps to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. The condition of the internal organs is also improving. You can even use the product for those with sensitive skin.
Cucumber juice contains a number of vitamins: B, A, E, PP, N.
- normalization of metabolism;
- destruction of microbes;
- providing a diuretic effect;
- treatment of airway inflammation;
- strengthening the heart and blood vessels;
- providing a positive effect on the nervous system;
- cleansing the body of toxic substances.
Important! A drink made from a bitter fruit prevents the development of oncological processes in the body. It also helps cleanse the kidneys and liver.
Avoid using flaccid or yellow cucumber juice. Vegetables grown in greenhouses during the winter will also not benefit the body. The first fruits on the market in the spring are not the best option for harvesting. Cucumber drink strengthens the cardiovascular system and improves overall well-being.
Advice! The most healthy smoothie comes from fruits plucked from your own garden. The best time for treatment is summer.
The product retains vitamins for 2 days. During this time, the vegetable must be preserved.
How to choose the right cucumbers for juice
To prepare juice from cucumbers for the winter, you need to choose the right fruit. Suitable specimens should be large, but not overripe.
Important! Rot or damage is a sign that the fruit is not suitable for harvesting.
The time of preparation of the drink is summer, during this period there are no nitrates in cucumbers.
Cucumber drink without preservation retains its beneficial properties for no more than 2 days
- optimal length - from the palm;
- lack of strong shine (most likely, such specimens are treated with wax);
- green (yellow fruits are not good);
- the presence of an elastic tail (this means that the fruit has only recently been plucked from the garden).
You need to pay attention to the smell. The quality of the final drink directly depends on the products used in the preparation process.
Despite all the benefits of cucumbers, not everyone can use them. The presence of urolithiasis or stomach ulcers are contraindications.
How to make cucumber juice for the winter at home
The cooking process is not difficult. Some conditions must be met:
- Before preparing the drink, you must cut off a small piece of the cucumber. The problem is that the fruit sometimes tastes bitter. These vegetables cannot be used to make smoothies.
- You can get liquid using a juicer, blender or meat grinder. The minimum amount of drink is produced in the juicer. For 1 liter of cucumber juice, approximately 1.7 kg of vegetables are required.
- Adding salt, vinegar or citric acid is a guarantee of long-term storage. In addition, the described ingredients significantly improve the palatability of the final product.
- Roll-up jars must be sterilized.
- Only metal covers can ensure complete tightness. Boil time - 5 minutes.
- The finished product in the jars should be turned over and covered with a blanket. This will provide conditions for additional sterilization.
Advice! To increase the shelf life, the drink should be boiled directly in the cans.
The classic recipe for cucumber juice for the winter
Step-by-step instructions will help any housewife prepare a smoothie.
- cucumbers - 10,000 g;
- salt - 130 g;
- cumin - 30 g;
- black pepper - 2;
- horseradish root - 25 g;
- dill seeds - a pinch;
- allspice - 2 g.
Eating a cucumber smoothie improves digestion
Recipe for cucumber juice for the winter from a juicer:
- Wash the cucumbers and cut them into pieces.
- Soak the workpieces in a special brine (15 g of salt per 1 liter of water).
- Use a juicer, pour the resulting liquid into cans.
- Add seasoning.
- Place the jars in a warm place for 72 hours. This will ensure the fermentation process.
- Seal containers with lids.
Sometimes people don't like pure juice, and this recipe contains many spices.
Low-calorie preparation for the winter helps to lose weight. 100 g of the product contains only 14 kcal. It is better to use cucumber liquid with meat dishes. This aids in the digestion of food. The vegetable has a diuretic effect, and also relieves puffiness.
Harvesting cucumber juice for the winter without fermentation
You will need a juicer to prepare a drink.
Ingredients included in the composition:
- cucumbers - 2000 g;
- salt - 8 g;
- currant leaves - 3 pieces;
- citric acid - 2 g.
Smoothie stays better in a cool room
Cucumber juice in a juicer for the winter:
- Wash vegetables and dry.
- Cut the cucumbers into thin slices.
- Fold the workpieces into a juicer container. Add currant leaves, add salt and citric acid.
- Draw water into the bottom of the device.
- Direct the tube through which the juice flows into a previously sterilized jar.
- Switch on the device.
- Wait until the container is full.
- Pinch off the hose.
- Seal with a clean lid.
It is best to store the drink in a cool place.
Juice from cucumbers and apples for the winter
There is no salt in the composition, this is a feature of the drink.
- cucumbers - 2500 g;
- apples - 2500 g;
- cinnamon - 12 g;
- granulated sugar - 170 g.
Smoothie is a low-calorie food that can help you lose weight
Harvesting cucumber juice for the winter without salt:
- Wash and dry vegetables.
- Squeeze the juice from apples and cucumbers. You can replace the device with a meat grinder.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a container, add cinnamon and granulated sugar.
Important! If you have diabetes, you don't need to add sugar.
- Put the juice to simmer (over low heat). Keep on the stove after boiling for no more than 15 minutes.
- Pour the drink into clean cans and seal with lids.
If the workpiece does not contain sugar, then storage is possible in a cold room. The sweet drink is well worth it even at room temperature.
Cucumber and tomato juice for the winter
The recipe is suitable for those who like a combination of vegetables.
- cucumbers - 2000 g;
- tomatoes - 3000 g;
- salt to taste.
Technology for making original juice from cucumbers and tomatoes for the winter:
- Wash vegetables in cold water, remove the tails.
- Squeeze the juice from the prepared ingredients (using a juicer).
- Stir everything in one container, salt the mixture.
- Boil the liquid, then cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
Important! During the process, it is necessary to constantly remove the foam.
- Wash cans and lids. This is followed by the sterilization process.
- Pour the juice into containers and seal the jars.
Cucumber drink goes well not only with vegetable juices, but also with fruit
Blanks for the winter must be wrapped in a warm blanket (for gradual cooling).
Spicy cucumber juice for the winter
A recipe for spice lovers.
It contains the following ingredients:
- cucumbers - 3000 g;
- dill seeds - a pinch;
- horseradish root - 1/3 part;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- black pepper (peas) - 6 pieces;
- cumin - a pinch.
Steps to make cucumber juice for the winter:
- Wash vegetables under cold water.
- Use a juicer (alternatively a blender).
- Drain the resulting liquid into a container.
- Add salt and spices. Heat all the ingredients, after boiling, cook for no more than 5 minutes.
- Pour juice into clean jars (sterilization process required).
- Seal with clean lids.
Add spices to the smoothie for a spicy flavor
The drink quenches thirst and is low in calories.
How to freeze cucumber juice for the winter
Cucumber juice can be canned and frozen. At the same time, all the useful properties of the product are preserved. You should not be afraid that the thawed drink will not taste good.
For cooking, you need cucumbers and a special form.
The process of freezing cucumber juice for the winter:
- Get juice with a juicer. A meat grinder is also a suitable option.
- Pour the liquid into special ice cube trays.
- Place the blanks in the freezer.
- After freezing, put the resulting ice in bags (this is convenient for storage).
The recipe does not require any additional ingredients. The method is very popular among housewives. Cucumber juice for the winter is used for the face as a cosmetic. The product can be added to creams and balms.
Important! Homemade lotion contains no preservatives. This means that the cosmetics will not cause irritation and allergic reactions.
It seems to many people that there is no special need for winter harvesting, but this is not so. It is not always possible to buy high-quality and fresh vegetables in stores that do not contain nitrates and harmful additives.
Cucumber juice is used not only in cooking, but also in cosmetology
Frozen cubes are best thawed at room temperature. When using a microwave oven, many of the health benefits of the product may be lost.
How to store cucumber juice
In this case, room temperature is also suitable, but the best option is a cool room. The juice is stored in the freezer for 12 months. After this time, the product may cause poisoning. An open can is stored for no more than 3 days.
Cucumber juice for the winter is a special drink that has a positive effect on metabolic processes in the body. It stabilizes the water-salt balance, removes toxins and toxins. The juice contains calcium, magnesium, iron, PP vitamins. Cucumber juice can be consumed by people who want to lose weight. The liquid enhances the growth of hair and nails, tones the skin. This is a good option for a main course for fasting days.