Many consider beet leaves a waste and throw them away, making a serious mistake. Even in the distant past, tops were used for medicinal purposes, thanks to the irreplaceable benefits that it provides to the body. Knowing the beneficial properties and contraindications of beet tops, you can cure more than one disease, as well as lose weight in the shortest possible period.
Composition and nutritional value of beet tops
The composition is characterized by a large amount of vitamins, minerals and organic substances. A favorable ratio of useful components in the composition of beet tops can have a healing effect on a variety of organ systems.
The beneficial properties of beet tops are entirely due to its rich chemical composition, as well as nutritional value:
Calorie content (kcal)
The ratio of proteins, fats, carbohydrates:
The benefits and harms of beet tops are useful information that every person who plans to use beet leaves for preventive and therapeutic purposes needs to know.
What are the benefits of beet tops
The benefits of beet tops are invaluable for the human body. Our ancestors also knew this and actively used the leaves of a unique root crop. In the modern world with the strong development of the pharmaceutical industry, people have ceased to trust folk remedies, which are more effective, in contrast to chemicals that negatively affect many organ systems. Beet tops are classified as medicinal plants, since their beneficial properties are capable of:
- cleanse the body of toxins;
- improve the digestion process;
- regenerate new cells;
- cleanse the skin, smooth out wrinkles, strengthen hair, nails;
- speed up metabolism, breakdown of carbons, production of additional energy;
- increase the elasticity of blood vessels;
- reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes;
- prevent the accumulation of cholesterol, the formation of plaques;
- positively affect the nervous, immune systems.
After studying the beneficial properties of beet tops, no doubt everyone will decide that throwing it away, considering it a waste, is extremely illogical. The benefits of beet tops for the human body are endless, so it can be actively used for their own purposes on the recommendation of a doctor or for the prevention of many diseases.
The use of beet tops in dietetics
The health benefits and harms of beet tops must be known before starting a weight loss course. This popularity was due to the peculiarity of the product to speed up metabolism, due to the content of a highly effective antioxidant biotin, which can be found in approximately the same quantities in the fruits of mango and pineapple. But these exotic fruits are unusual for the daily diet, unlike beets.
For weight loss, it is recommended to use beet tops, complementing it with various dishes, especially salads. But as a dressing for effective action, improving the taste of beet tops, it is better to use natural olive oil, lemon juice.
Important! Regular consumption will help you maintain your weight and also lead to the loss of extra calories.
The use of beet tops in folk medicine
Often, gardeners throw away such a valuable product as beet tops, considering it a waste. And traditional healers prefer natural, environmentally friendly raw materials, since its unique composition, beneficial properties have a positive effect on the human body.
It is difficult to understand how to use beet leaves, because their taste has long been forgotten, and there are no ideas for combining them with other products. Beet tops can be used as an additional component to borscht, cabbage soup, okroshka. And also there is such a dish as botvinia, which is a cold soup with beet leaves. Soups with beans and peas with the addition of beet tops are becoming more and more famous. The plant is also actively used for decoration, supplementing meat and vegetable dishes.
To preserve the beneficial properties of beet tops and use it regardless of the season, you can prepare them for the winter. There are different ways to implement this idea, since beet tops can be frozen, dried, fermented, pickled.
Important! It is worth considering that heat and heat treatment can negatively affect the beneficial properties of beet leaves. For the best benefits, they should be eaten raw, as an addition to salads.
The benefits and harms to the body of beet tops are very useful information, with which you should begin your acquaintance and only then proceed to study recipes for dishes, methods of using them for medicinal purposes. There are many remedies based on beet leaves that can help you get rid of diseases:
- Constipation. To forget about a dangerous problem, you should drink the tincture at least three times a day before meals. The optimal amount of consumed drink per day is half a glass. It is simple to prepare the product, you need to combine 1 tsp. crushed component with a glass of boiling water, let it brew.
- Headache. To do this, apply chopped fresh beet leaves to the temples, as well as other pain points in the form of a compress for 20 minutes. The pain will subside during the procedure.
- Conjunctivitis. Knead the beet leaves, roll them into cheesecloth, put on problem areas. Keep 15 minutes.
- Mastitis. The beneficial properties of beet leaves are able to cope with a woman's problem. To do this, they must be kneaded until the juice appears, placed on the hard zones of the chest, leaving for at least 40 minutes. For greater effect, such a procedure is recommended to be carried out every day.
- Various skin diseases. Squeeze juice from beet leaves using a juicer, and then treat problem areas before going to bed. Rinse thoroughly in the morning.
Knowledge of recipes, rules for preparing products from beet tops will strengthen physical and mental health, improve overall well-being, prevent the development of many diseases, and cure various pathologies.
Important! Regardless of the disease, you can use the beneficial properties of the tincture for prevention, saturation of the body with vitamins, minerals that a person needs throughout the day.
Restrictions and contraindications for taking beet tops
The medicinal properties and contraindications of beet tops are quite accessible information, since it has long been researched by specialists and presented for general study. It is recommended to use the product for medicinal purposes after consulting a doctor. The tool has no serious contraindications, but nevertheless, in order to extract the maximum benefit without harm to health, it is worth making sure that there is no allergic reaction, individual intolerance to the organism of this culture.
And also do not use beet tops if you have:
- irritable bowel syndrome, since the product has a laxative effect;
- gout, in order to avoid exacerbation of the disease;
- infectious diseases of the kidneys, due to the manifestation of a diuretic effect;
- hepatitis with a serious violation of the functionality of the liver, increased release of enzymes, since there is a large load on these organs, the digestive system as a whole;
- hypotension, due to antihypertensive properties.
Using beet tops without consulting your doctor, neglecting all kinds of contraindications can cause significant harm to the body. The tops can be used in any case, but if any deviations appear, simply reduce the dosage.
Before you throw away the beet foliage, which can be beneficial, save the body from many diseases, you need to find out the beneficial properties and contraindications of beet tops. This will help you to use the product correctly for your own purposes without harming the body for those people who care about their health.