Shiitake tree mushrooms grow in Japan and China. They are widely used in the national cuisine of Asian peoples. The species has a high nutritional value and is grown commercially for delivery to European countries. Shiitake can be boiled, marinated or fried; any of the processing methods preserves the taste and nutritional value of the mushrooms.
How to fry shiitake
The area of the main distribution of the species is Southeast Asia. In Russia, the mushroom is very rare in the wild. Grows in the Primorsky Territory and the Far East on the trunks of Mongolian oak, linden, chestnut. Forms a symbiosis only with deciduous trees.
A popular species is grown artificially in the Voronezh, Moscow and Saratov regions. The regions are considered to be the main suppliers of the product in the food market. Fresh shiitake is on sale that can be fried, included in recipes with all sorts of ingredients. The dried product comes to Russia from Asian countries.
Fruit bodies reach biological maturity in 4-5 days, in artificial conditions they grow throughout the year. In the natural environment, fruiting occurs in mid-summer and continues until late autumn. In terms of nutritional value, shiitake is not inferior to champignons, the taste is more pronounced, so wood mushrooms are in high demand.
When buying, they pay special attention to the state of the fruiting body, the network of cracks on the cap indicates a good condition of the mushroom, the taste will be pronounced. The presence of dark spots on the lamellar layer is the result of the aging of the specimen. You can use the product, but the taste will be worse.
Frying shiitake, stewing or boiling is necessary after pretreatment:
- Fresh fruiting bodies are washed.
- Shorten the leg by 1/3.
- Cut into pieces, pour over with boiling water.
Advice! You can fry in butter or vegetable oil in a hot frying pan.
The dried product is pre-soaked in warm water or milk, left for 2 hours, then processed.
How much to fry shiitake mushrooms
The flesh of the fruit bodies is tender, dense, with a small amount of water. Sweetish taste, pleasant nutty smell. To preserve the gastronomic advantages of the mushroom, fry the dish for no more than 10 minutes without covering the container with a lid. The dish will turn out to be juicy, with a mushroom aroma and good taste.
Fried Shiitake Recipes
Shiitake can be fried as a side dish for rice or pasta, included in mushroom salad. Japanese, Korean or Chinese cuisine offers a variety of cooking recipes. You can fry with vegetables, meat, adding all kinds of spices and ingredients. Fried shiitake mushrooms are not only tasty but also low in calories.
Shiitake fried with garlic and lemon juice
The classic recipe does not require large material costs. It is popular in Russia as the ingredients are available and it will take little time to cook. A set of products:
- 0.5 kg of fruit bodies;
- 2 tbsp. l. oils;
- ½ part lemon;
- 1 tbsp. parsley (dried);
- pepper, salt to taste.
Frying shiitake is recommended using the following technology:
- Fruit bodies are processed, cut into arbitrary parts.
- Garlic is peeled and minced.
- Put the pan on fire, add oil.
- Heat the cooking utensils, throw in the garlic, stir constantly (fry for no more than 3 minutes).
- Add pieces of mushrooms, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice.
- A few minutes before cooking, add salt, herbs, spices and lemon juice.
Shiitake fried with potatoes
To prepare a dish (4 servings) take:
- 8 pcs. potatoes;
- 400 g hats;
- 1 onion;
- ¼ packs of butter (50-100 g);
- 100 g cream;
- salt, pepper, dill, parsley - to taste.
How to fry mushrooms according to the recipe:
- Peel potatoes, cook until tender in salted water.
- Fruit bodies are processed, cut into pieces.
- Peel off the onion, chop it.
- Put the pan on the fire, put oil, lightly brown the onion.
- The potatoes are cut and fried until golden brown.
- Mushrooms are added, you need to fry them for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Salt, pepper, add cream, bring to a boil.
Advice! To give the product an aesthetic look, spread on a dish, sprinkle with herbs on top.
Shiitake fried with vegetables and pork
Chinese food recipe includes the following foods:
- 0.3 kg of caps of fruit bodies;
- 0.5 kg of pork;
- ½ a fork of Chinese cabbage;
- 1 PC. bitter pepper and as much sweet;
- 50 g ginger;
- 1 PC. carrots;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 100 ml soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- vinegar, preferably rice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 2 tbsp. Sahara;
- 2 tsp starch.
The sequence of how to fry pork with shiitake:
- Grind pork, marinate for 15 minutes in a piece of soy sauce.
- Shred cabbage, dice peppers, carrots, chop ginger and garlic.
- Fruit bodies are divided into several parts.
- Pour oil into a frying pan with high sides, put the meat. Frying according to the recipe will take 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Throw mushrooms, fry for 10 minutes.
Vegetable oil, the rest of the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar are placed in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, dilute with starch, boil for 4 minutes. The sauce is poured into the meat, covered, and brought to a boil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before use.
Shiitake fried with asparagus and pork
Required set of products for the recipe:
- 200 g of fruit bodies;
- 200 g pork fillet;
- 200 g asparagus;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper;
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce;
- 4 tbsp. sunflower oil;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- green onions, salt to taste.
- The meat is cut, marinated in sauce with the addition of red pepper for 15 minutes.
- Asparagus (peeled), sweet pepper cut into cubes.
- Mushrooms are cut into several parts.
- Put asparagus in a preheated pan, fry for no more than 5 minutes.
- Then pepper and garlic are added. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Put pork, keep on fire for 10 minutes.
- Shiitake is added, they need to be fried for no more than 7 minutes.
- The dish is salted and sprinkled with chopped onions.
Calorie content of fried shiitake
Fruit bodies have a rich chemical composition, including vitamins, amino acids, trace elements. Mushrooms have a high concentration of protein and carbohydrates. With all the variety of composition, the calorie content is low. A fresh product has 34 kcal per 100 g, if you fry mushrooms, then the calorie content increases to 36 kcal.
The dried product is more caloric, the indicator increases due to the evaporation of the liquid. There are 290 kcal per 100 g of dried billet. This fact is taken into account during processing. To obtain a nutritious meal with a minimum energy value, less mushrooms are added.
Due to the taste and low calorie content, mushrooms are in high demand, you can fry shiitake, cook first and second courses, salads. The species is exported from Japan, Korea and China, grown in Russia. Fresh and dried fruit bodies are suitable for recipes. Mushrooms are not suitable for winter harvesting, because in the process of prolonged heat treatment or salting, the fruit bodies lose some of the useful chemical composition and taste.