Russians have an ambiguous attitude to eggplants. The fact is that not everyone understands the charm of the taste of this blue-colored vegetable. Most likely, the reason lies in the slight bitterness of the eggplant. But if you prepare it correctly, you can prepare wonderful snacks for the winter with various additives. Not only home, but also guests will be delighted. How appetizing the salad bowl with eggplant caviar looks in the photo!
Today we will present not only recipes, but also talk about the benefits of a vegetable, the rules of preparation. Fried eggplant caviar can be consumed immediately or rolled in for the winter. It all depends on which recipe you use.
Attention! Heat treatment practically does not destroy the nutritional properties of eggplant.
Who invented the eggplant caviar recipe
Fried eggplant caviar contains a small amount of calories. It contains a lot of magnesium and potassium, fiber that is easily absorbed by the body. That is why the blue ones (popular name) are in high esteem.
For some reason, it is generally accepted that delicious fried eggplant caviar was invented abroad, even in the film it is called overseas. In fact, this is a truly Russian product.
Back in the 30s of the last century, the first batch of eggplant caviar was released. But something went wrong, 200 people suffered from poisoning at once. The caviar production was closed. But after a while, the technology was improved, and the mass production of tasty products began. The jars were simply swept off the shelves: before that, eggplant caviar was extraordinary.
Unfortunately, today many manufacturers produce products not according to GOST, but according to TU. The taste of fried eggplant caviar has changed and does not always meet the needs of customers. And the cost of one jar is not affordable for everyone.
How to cook diet caviar
As we have already noted, the appetizer turns out to be low-calorie. In addition to eggplant, various vegetables and fruits are added to fried caviar, which makes its taste exquisite and spicy. Can be used to enhance flavor:
- carrots and onions;
- sweet bell peppers and tomatoes;
- apples and prunes;
- various herbs and spices.
It all depends on your taste preferences. The main thing is to reduce the time for heat treatment in order to preserve the beneficial properties of all ingredients in fried eggplant caviar.
The dietary qualities of the dish will be preserved with the addition of a small amount of quality oil. Experienced hostesses advise using olive oil, but in the absence of any refined oil, any refined oil will do.
Advice! Lovers of sweet caviar from fried eggplants can take red onions.
Fried eggplant caviar - recipe
There are a lot of options for roasted eggplant caviar for the winter. We present to our readers one recipe for a tasty and healthy product.
So, what products should housewives stock up on:
- eggplants and juicy tomatoes - by a kilogram;
- sweet bell pepper - ½ kilogram;
- hot chili peppers - 1 or 2 pods (depending on taste);
- onions, carrots - ½ kilogram each;
- garlic - 1 or 2 heads;
- salt - 30 grams;
- sugar - 60 grams;
- 9% table vinegar - 2-3 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil - 200 ml.
The preparation of vegetables for eggplant caviar should be approached with special scrupulousness. We choose ingredients for harvesting for the winter without damage and signs of rot. All vegetables are washed in several waters to get rid of even the smallest grains of sand.
- Cut the blue ones along and soak them in salt water (1 tablespoon of salt for 1 glass of water). To prevent them from floating up, we press down with oppression. After half an hour, take out the eggplants, rinse them in clean water and put them under a press to squeeze out the water. After that, cut into small pieces. You do not need to remove the skin from well-soaked eggplants, it will give the finished dish an unusual look.
- Remove the peel from the onion, garlic, carrots, remove the seeds and partitions from the pepper, as well as the tail. Finely chop the onion and pepper, chop the carrots on a grater. We lay out all the vegetables separately.
- And now about how to properly fry vegetables for eggplant caviar so that it turns out amazingly tasty. First, fry the onion in a little oil until golden brown, then add the carrots.
- After 5 minutes, add both types of peppers. Do not forget to stir constantly so that the vegetables do not burn. According to the recipe, they should be golden.
- Add chopped tomatoes with juice to the vegetable mixture. During the frying, the tomato juice necessary for the fried eggplant caviar is formed. When the vegetables are ready, remove them from the stove.
- Fry the sliced eggplants separately in hot oil in small portions so that they are well browned. You need to remove the fried vegetable with a slotted spoon to drain the fat. If juice has accumulated in the cup, drain it before frying.
- To prepare fried eggplant caviar, use dishes with a thick bottom. Fried vegetables are put into it, garlic, sugar, salt are added. The further process takes place with the lid closed.
Eggplant caviar from fried vegetables is languishing over low heat for about a third of an hour. Then pour in the vinegar. After 5 minutes, lay out on hot jars, sterilize and close for the winter. Chill upside down under a fur coat.
Fried eggplant caviar is ready. It comes out in pieces. If you wish to change the consistency, use a blender before pouring in the vinegar. Stored all winter (if worth it!) In the basement, cellar, refrigerator.
Fried Eggplant Caviar Option:
During the preparation of fried eggplant caviar, the entire space of the apartment will be filled with amazing aromas that are difficult to resist. But so that the bitterness does not spoil the taste of the finished dish, we will tell you how to get rid of it. One of the ways is indicated in the recipe. Here are a few more:
- Cut the blue pieces into pieces necessary for caviar, put in a bowl and cover with salt water. After 40 minutes, remove the vegetables, rinse with clean water and place under a press.
- Sprinkle the sliced eggplant with rock salt. After a while, moisture will appear on them. All that remains is to rinse and squeeze out the water.
- Since the bitterness is in the rind, it is simply cut off.
We hope your family will enjoy our recipe. We wish you successful preparations from fried eggplant for the winter.