Among the various winter preparations, compotes occupy a special place. These are not just sugary drinks, but a complete complex of many vitamins that can give energy and strength. Apple and chokeberry compote is a very healthy drink in itself. In addition, it has a pleasant aroma and special taste with a slight astringency. There are a lot of recipes for making such a drink for the winter. Each housewife has her own additional ingredients and cooking secrets.
How to make apple and blackberry compote
This is a very healthy drink that will perfectly lower blood pressure and help strengthen the immune system. For cooking, you need to select the ingredients. Fruits are suitable both sour and sweet, it all depends on the preferences of the hostess. It should be fully ripe fruit with no signs of disease or rot.
Chokeberry should be purchased or harvested when it is fully ripe and has a classic blue-black color. Even a slightly unripe berry will give the drink a too tart taste for the winter. The best option is to pick the berries after the first frosts hit.
The amount of sugar for each recipe is strictly individual. For better preservation, it is necessary to prepare three-liter jars in advance. They must be thoroughly washed with baking soda and then sterilized. This can be done in the oven or just over steam.
You can cook apple and blackberry compote according to one of the popular and proven recipes below.
The classic recipe for apple and chokeberry compote
To prepare a classic black chokeberry drink, you will need a very small amount of products:
- 10 liters of water;
- 4 cups granulated sugar;
- 2 kg of apples;
- 900g blackberry.
- Wash berries and fruits thoroughly.
- Cut the fruit into 4 pieces and cut into slices or cubes.
- Stir fruits and berries, add water and put on fire. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar to the boiling compote.
- A sign of readiness is the peel bursting on the berries.
- When hot, the drink must be distributed in glass containers and rolled up immediately.
To check the tightness of closed cans, they must be turned over and wrapped in a blanket. After cooling down, after a day, the canned drink can be stored in the basement.
Black rowan and apple compote without sterilization
Delicious apple and blackberry compote can be made without sterilization. Ingredients for preparation:
- blackberry berries - 1.5 cups;
- 4 apples;
- 2 cups sugar.
It's easy to prepare, you don't need to sterilize:
- Cut the fruit into 8 pieces.
- Rinse the chokeberry and discard in a colander.
- Place in a sterilized jar.
- Boil 3 liters of water and pour on top. Cover with a lid and let stand for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, drain the liquid from the jar and mix it with sugar.
- Prepare syrup.
- Pour again into the jar in a boiling state and immediately roll up.
A wonderful drink for the winter is ready and no sterilization.
How to cook blackberry compote with apples and pears
Components for the drink:
- 500 g sweet and sour apples;
- pears - a pound;
- chokeberry - 300 g;
- 300 g granulated sugar.
Compote from apples and blackberries for the winter with the addition of pears is done as follows:
- Wash the fruits, cut out the middle, cut into 4 pieces.
- Pour the berries with boiling water for 5 minutes, discard in a colander.
- Put everything in jars and pour boiling water.
- Leave for 40 minutes.
- Drain the liquid into a saucepan and add sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then refill the jars and roll up.
Be sure to turn it over and let the jars cool down under a warm blanket for 24 hours. Only then determine to a permanent storage location.
Apple compote with chokeberry and cherry leaves
Fresh apple and blackberry compote will acquire a unique aroma if you add cherry leaves to it.
Ingredients for the drink:
- a glass of blackberry;
- 300 g sugar;
- a pinch of citric acid;
- cherry leaves - 6 pcs.;
- 2 apples.
- Wash and dry the leaves on a towel.
- Rinse the berries.
- Cut the fruit into wedges.
- Put everything in a jar and pour boiling water over it.
- After 20 minutes, drain the water and boil with sugar.
- Pour the contents of the jars with boiling syrup and immediately seal it tightly.
The aroma is magical, the taste is pleasant.
Apple and blackberry compote: recipe with citric acid
Components of such a drink for the winter:
- a pound of apples;
- a quarter of a small spoonful of citric acid;
- 300 g of chokeberry;
- the same amount of sugar;
- 2.5 liters of water.
Fresh apple and chokeberry compote can be prepared as follows:
- Rinse the berries, and cut the coreless fruits into large slices.
- Put everything in sterilized jars and pour boiling water over it.
- Leave, wrapped in a warm towel, for 15 minutes.
- Then drain the liquid, add sugar and citric acid, boil.
- After boiling, boil for a couple of minutes and pour into jars.
This drink will delight all households in the cold season.
The simplest blackberry compote with apples
The simplest drink for the winter contains only the main products:
- 5 apples;
- 170 g berries;
- 130 g sugar.
For cooking, you will need the same simple algorithm: wash, cut the fruits, rinse the berries, put everything in sterilized hot jars. From above, under the very neck, pour boiling water over everything. The banks should stand for 10 minutes. The drink will infuse this way and acquire a beautiful color. Then, using a special lid, drain the liquid and make a syrup with sugar from it. Pour the contents of the jars with boiling syrup and immediately close hermetically. Then turn the cans over and wrap them in a warm cloth. During the day, the drink will cool down, and you can check how tightly the cans are closed. Store, like all preservation, in a cool, dark place.
How to cook blackberry and apple compote with vanilla
Sweet berry and chokeberry compote can be made by adding a few pears and a bag of vanilla. The workpiece is very tasty and fragrant. But the ingredients are very simple and affordable:
- chokeberry - 800 g;
- 300 g of pears;
- apples are enough 400 g;
- small packet of vanilla;
- 450 g granulated sugar;
- incomplete small spoonful of citric acid.
It takes very little time to prepare, the principle does not differ from the previous recipes for the drink. Cooking algorithm:
- Cut the fruit in half and remove the core.
- Rinse chokeberry berries thoroughly and discard in a colander.
- Put pears and apples in clean, steam-sterilized jars. Sprinkle everything on top with chokeberry berries.
- Boil 2 liters of clean, filtered water.
- Pour the jar almost to the neck.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, covered with a lid.
- Drain the liquid from the jar using a special tool.
- Dissolve sugar, citric acid and vanillin in a saucepan with drained liquid.
- Bring to a boil, wait a couple of minutes, then pour the boiling solution into the jars.
The drink for the winter must be immediately rolled up and placed in a warm blanket for slow cooling.
Apple compote for the winter with chokeberry and lemon
Apple compote with blackberry for the winter is excellently prepared with the addition of lemon. This citrus will replace the presence of citric acid and add extra vitamins to a healthy drink.
Ingredients for such a blank:
- half a lemon;
- 12 strong but medium-sized apples;
- refined sugar - 300 g;
- one and a half glasses of chokeberry;
- 1.5 liters of water.
These products can be used to make a delicious drink. Step-by-step algorithm for preparing a drink:
- Sort the berries and rinse.
- Cut the fruit, remove the seed part and cut into large pieces.
- Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire.
- As soon as the water boils, toss the apples so that they cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the fruit out of the water into a jar.
- Bring the broth from the pan to a boil again and add the berries there.
- After a minute, put the berries in jars to the apples.
- Add strained juice of half a lemon, sugar to boiling water, stir.
- Wait for the syrup to boil.
- Now pour the syrup into jars of berries and apples and roll up hermetically with sterilized lids.
All household members will enjoy drinking this masterpiece in the winter season.
Plum, apple and blackberry compote
Required products for compote from a whole range of fruits:
- 200 grams of apples, plums, and pears.
- chokeberry berries - 400 g;
- 250 g white sugar;
- 900 ml of water.
To prepare such a compote in large quantities, it is enough to increase all the ingredients by the same number of times in order to maintain the proportions.
Cooking recipe with step by step instructions:
- Rinse the berries and pour over boiling water, then discard in a colander.
- Cut all fruits into slices. It is desirable to make the slices of approximately the same size.
- Blanch all fruits for about 8 minutes, until tender enough.
- Place in jars, alternating with chokeberry in layers.
- Make a syrup from water and sugar.
- Fill the jars and sterilize them. Within 15 minutes, the cans should be sterilized, and then rolled up with a tin key.
For storage, the workpiece can only be removed after checking its tightness.
Delicious blackberry, apple and rosehip compote
Ingredients for a delicious compote:
- apples - 300 g;
- 400 ml of syrup;
- 150 g each rosehip and chokeberry.
The cooking recipe is not difficult:
- The seeds and hairs should be removed from the rosehip, the berries should be well treated in boiling water.
- Cut the apples into large pieces.
- Pour boiling water over the chokeberry berry.
- Arrange everything neatly in the banks.
- Pour sugar syrup, which is made at the rate of 400 grams of sugar in half a liter of water. The syrup should boil.
- Sterilize the jars for 10–20 minutes, depending on their volume.
Immediately after sterilization, close the finished canning tightly and wrap it in a warm blanket.
Very aromatic and tasty compote of apples and blackberries with mint
This is a very tasty and aromatic drink that will smell good. The ingredients are, in principle, standard, but mint and tangerines are added. This seasoning will give a special taste to the preparation and make it a favorite drink of the family. The following products are required:
- berries - 250 g;
- 3 tangerines;
- 2 liters of water;
- 10 mint leaves;
- 150 g granulated sugar.
The recipe is simple, like the cooking algorithm:
- Peel the tangerines, rinse the berries.
- Put all fruits and berries in a saucepan and cover with sugar.
- Pour water over everything.
- Put on fire and cook until the compote is ready.
- A few minutes until tender, add all the mint and a little citric acid.
Pour boiling compote into sterilized jars. Such a delicious drink is perfect for children as a refreshing addition to breakfast in the cold season. It is tasty and healthy, and also very aromatic. The scent of tangerines gives a New Year feeling.
Rules for storing blackberry and apple compote
Such a blank is stored, like any conservation. A dark and cool room is required, in which the temperature will not rise above + 18 ° C. In this case, it is impossible for the compote to be frozen, and therefore the temperature below zero is unacceptable. This is true for balconies if they are not insulated. In the apartment, you can store the workpiece in the storage room, if it is not heated.
In any case, it should not be too humid and free of mold on the walls. Then the banks will be preserved throughout the winter period.
Apple and chokeberry compote perfectly refreshes, gives tone and saturates with vitamins in winter. But such a drink should not be consumed by people with low blood pressure, as dizziness and fainting may occur. And in the presence of vitamin C, the black chokeberry can compete with many berries and fruits. Apple and blackberry compote can also be cooked in a saucepan for the summer for one-time use.