The recipe for cranberry juice made from frozen berries will allow the hostess to pamper the family with a tasty and healthy delicacy all year round. If you don't have frozen cranberries in the freezer, it doesn't matter. You can always buy it in the store.
How to cook frozen cranberry juice
Morse is loved by many for its amazing sweet and sour taste and amazing color. But this drink is not only tasty, but also healthy. Vitamins and minerals in an easily assimilated form, antioxidants and flavonoids, antibacterial and antibiotic components - this is an incomplete list of valuable substances that the body receives. But only on condition that it is cooked correctly.
- Maintain proportions: cranberry juice should be at least 1/3.
Advice! You should not overdo it with its quantity either - the fruit drink will turn out to be too sour.
- Usually the sweet component in it is sugar, but it is much healthier with honey. It is added when the drink cools down below 40 ° C in order to preserve all the healing properties. True, it is better for allergy sufferers to refrain from such an additive.
- The frozen berries are allowed to thaw by placing them on a sieve to drain the liquid. It is not used in cooking.
- Lemon zest, mint, rose hips, lemon balm, ginger, spices or spices will diversify the taste of fruit drink and add benefits to it. You can use several types of berries to prepare it. Cherries or lingonberries are ideal companions.
The classic recipe for frozen berry cranberry juice
Every dish has a classic recipe, according to which it was prepared for the first time. The traditions of making cranberry fruit drink in Russia go back to the distant past, but the classic recipe has remained unchanged.
- water - 2 l;
- frozen cranberries - a glass;
- sugar - 5-6 tbsp. spoons.
- Allow the berries to completely defrost, rinse them by placing them in a colander.
- Mash in a bowl in mashed potatoes using a wooden pestle or blender.
Advice! The first is preferable, so more vitamins will be preserved.
- Squeeze the juice thoroughly using a fine mesh sieve or several layers of gauze. Glassware with juice is placed in the refrigerator.
- Pour cranberry pomace with water, bring to a boil. You do not need to cook them for more than 1 minute. Sugar is added at this stage.
- Let it brew for about half an hour, during which time it will cool down.
- Mix the strained drink with cranberry juice, mix.
Frozen cranberry juice without cooking
Heat treatment at a temperature of 100 ° C destroys vitamin C. It is not necessary to boil the pomace. A tasty, healthy drink is obtained with minimal or no heat treatment.
Cooking cranberry juice from frozen berries in a slow cooker
- frozen cranberries - 1 kg;
- water - on demand;
- sugar to taste.
- Allow the cranberries to thaw, after rinsing with warm water.
- Squeeze the juice using a juicer or manually.
- The remaining cake is placed in a multicooker bowl, poured with water, sugar is added, insisted for about 3 hours, setting the "Heating" mode.
- Strain, mix with juice that was previously stored in the refrigerator.
Important! It can only be stored in glass containers.
Prolonged infusion promotes a more complete transfer of nutrients.
Without heat treatment
- 2 liters of water;
- 4-5 st. tablespoons of sugar;
- half-liter jar of frozen cranberries.
- The thawed berries are washed with boiled water.
- Crushed to a state of puree in any convenient way.
- Pour in water, dissolve sugar in it.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve.
The recipe is very simple, it does not take a lot of time to prepare. In such a cranberry drink, all the benefits of the berries are preserved to the maximum.
Frozen cranberry juice for a child
Nutritionists do not advise giving fruit drinks to children from 1 to 3 years old more than 2 times a week. Older kids are not affected by these restrictions. For them, it is prepared according to the classic recipe. But at first it is better to dilute the drink with cold boiled water.
Up to a year, they give a drink with caution, starting with a small amount, if the baby is not breastfeeding. For children of this age, heat treatment of berries for 5-6 minutes (boiling) is required. They are kneaded, boiled together with water, filtered. The juice is not pre-squeezed. It is undesirable to give honey to such babies, and in case of allergic manifestations it is strictly contraindicated.
Cranberry and ginger juice
Ginger is an excellent remedy for colds, it kills viruses, relieves its symptoms. The combination of cranberries and ginger is what you need in the winter season to fight the flu.
- 270 g cane sugar;
- a small piece of ginger root;
- 330 g cranberries;
- 2.8 liters of water.
- Sugar syrup is prepared from water and cane sugar. After it boils, let it cool.
- Wash frozen cranberries, let them thaw.
- Rub the ginger root, add it to the syrup. Berries are also put there. You don't need to knead them.
- Put the dishes on the stove, heat until boiling. Immediately turn off, insist under the lid for 2 hours. They are filtering.
Cranberry juice with honey
Honey is a product that can not only replace sugar in cranberry juice, but also make the drink healthful. So that its properties are not lost, honey is added only to the cooled product. You can cook it with or without heat treatment.
- frozen cranberries - a glass;
- water - 1 l;
- honey - 3-4 tbsp. l .;
- half a lemon.
- The cranberries are thawed and scalded with boiling water. Crushed to a puree state.
- Pits are removed from the lemon, crushed with a blender, without peeling.
- Mix berry and lemon puree, add honey, let stand for 2 hours.
- Dilute with boiled water heated to 40 ° C.
Advice! While the fruit drink is cooling, it must be mixed several times.
After straining, the drink can be drunk.
Cranberry juice with orange and cinnamon
This drink invigorates and creates a good mood.
- 2 large oranges;
- frozen cranberries - 300 g;
- water - 1.5 l;
- sugar - 5 tbsp. l .;
- cinnamon stick.
- Juice is squeezed out of peeled oranges. The cake is not thrown away.
- Thawed washed berries are turned into puree, squeezed out of juice.
- Both juices are put in the refrigerator, and orange and cranberry cake are poured with water, sugar is added and heated.
- When it boils, add cinnamon, turn it off after a minute. Let it cool under the lid.
- Filter, add both juices.
Cranberry juice with carrots
This drink is especially useful for children. The combination of vitamin C, which is rich in cranberries, with vitamin A contained in carrots, is an excellent tool for raising immunity, fighting anemia and improving vision.
- 0.5 kg of carrots;
- a glass of frozen cranberries;
- 1 liter of water;
- sugar or honey to taste.
- They defrost and wash the berries, grind them, squeeze the juice out of them.
- Tinder grated carrots, squeeze juice too.
- Juices, boiled water, sugar are mixed.
Advice! A pinch of cinnamon can be added if desired.
Cranberry juice with rose hips
Such a drink is a real vitamin bomb: tasty and healthy.
- frozen cranberries - 0.5 kg;
- dried rose hips - 100 g;
- water - 2 l;
- sugar - 5 tbsp. l.
- The day before cooking, the rose hips are washed, poured into a thermos with a glass of boiling water.
- Juice is squeezed out of thawed, washed crushed berries and placed in the cold.
- The pomace is boiled with the remaining water and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- When the broth cools down, it is filtered, mixed with cranberry juice and strained rosehip infusion.
The recipe for cranberry juice from frozen berries does not require a lot of cooking time and exquisite ingredients. But the health benefits of this drink are enormous. Various additives will diversify the taste of fruit drink, which will especially appeal to children.