Making raspberry jam with whole berries at home is actually not easy, because during the preparation process, the fruits crumple a lot. Not everyone knows the secret of a transparent, delicious dessert, where each berry floats separately in a sweet syrup. To simplify the process, many people cover raspberries with granulated sugar, and then cook for a long time until a thick berry mass is obtained. If there is a desire to get tasty and beautiful jam, you need to arm yourself with certain knowledge.
Features of making raspberry jam with whole berries
In order for the raspberries themselves to remain whole and beautiful, the dessert must be cooked quickly. It is necessary to collect raspberries for jam a day after the rain, since the berries must be dry.
If the fruits are not purchased, but from your own garden, then you can not wash them so as not to violate the integrity. It is often impossible to skip the washing process for safety reasons. Therefore, the berries are dipped into a bowl, poured with water, and after the garbage has emerged, the raspberries are carefully removed and lowered into another container. If at the same time add salt to the bowl, then all insects, which are many in the fruits, will rise to the surface of the water.
Important! You need to start cooking dessert immediately after picking raspberries.
The more sugar you need for the dish, the thicker the jam will be. The thickness of the dish can be fixed using gelatin, pectin, and it also depends on the cooking time. If you add a little lemon juice or its zest at the end, the finished dish will turn out to be fragrant, and the color will be ruby.
There is one method to determine the readiness of a dish. Need to drip jam on a saucer. If the drop does not spread, but slowly spreads to the sides, then the dish is ready.
Raspberry Jam Recipes with Whole Berries
There are several ways to get this jam. This is a five-minute time, and thick raspberry jam with whole berries, and a recipe where the cooking process consists of three stages. Lemon, cinnamon, cloves and other spices are often added to the ingredients.
A simple recipe for raspberry jam with whole berries
You will need:
- raspberries - 2 kg;
- sugar - 2 kg.
This is a simple, easy recipe, the main requirement of which is that the fruits are large, whole, sweet. It is also not recommended to cook a lot of jam at once. It is advisable to do this in batches so that the berries are less in contact with each other.
- The main ingredients are put in a saucepan for making jam one after another and left until the first juice appears.
- Then the resulting juice is poured into another container, put on the stove and wait until it boils. After 10 minutes, the fire is turned off.
- The fruits are sent to the juice and cooked together for another 20 minutes over low heat.
- Glass jars and lids are boiled.
- The hot prepared dish is poured into jars, tightly closed with lids.
- Wrap up with a warm blanket. This is necessary in order to obtain an unusual, rich natural color of the finished dish.
As a result, little time is spent on a sweet dish, but it turns out to be tasty, beautiful and aromatic.
Thick raspberry jam with whole berries
A beautiful, thick raspberry dessert can be obtained using the following products:
- raspberries - 1kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- water - 600 g;
- citric acid - 1/3 tsp
- We need to sort out the raspberries. Only whole, dense and ripe berries will be used.
- Rinse carefully in a bowl of water and dry.
- Pour sugar into the water and boil the syrup. Wait until the sugar crystals are completely dissolved, and add citric acid.
- Gently put raspberries in the syrup, mix gently so as not to injure the berries. After boiling, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the resulting foam, boil for another minute and pour into sterile jars.
- Wrap up, let cool.
- Store in a cool place.
A thick raspberry dessert with whole berries is ready.
Five-minute raspberry jam with whole berries
- raspberries - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg.
- Prepare berries: choose the best, rinse, dry.
- Put all the berries in a bowl and cover with half of the prepared granulated sugar.
- Turn on the lowest heat, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Take a break for two to three hours.
- Put on fire again and cook again for 5 minutes after boiling. Turn off the stove, leave in this state overnight.
- In the morning, add the remaining sugar, turn on the burner, put the pan on the fire and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Prepare jars using any convenient sterilization method.
- Pour the finished jam into jars and close with lids, you can nylon.
Advice! This method of cooking makes the jam thick.
Lemon raspberry jam with whole berries
This recipe for delicious raspberry jam with whole berries involves cooking in three steps. The method 100% guarantees the safety of the sweet dessert throughout the winter.
- raspberries - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- lemon - half.
- Prepare food. To do this, the berries are washed, dried, put in a saucepan and covered with sugar. Half a lemon is also given there.
- Leave for two to three hours so that the berries are infused, they gave juice.
- Put on minimal heat, but do not bring to a boil. At the same time, remove the foam and cool the food.
- They put it on the stove again, heat it, but do not allow it to boil. Remove the resulting foam, turn off the heat and cool.
- For the third time, put on the stove, heat and bring to a boil. Cook after boiling for another 5 minutes.
- Pour into sterile jars, roll up with a machine and wrap with a warm towel.
- Store in a cool place.
This method helps to keep the berries intact, and the jam will be thick.
Terms and conditions of storage
So that the finished jam does not deteriorate and is stored for a long time, it is important to know how to store it, in what conditions and at what temperature. Often, the shelf life of the finished product directly depends on the container chosen and on the lids.
Half-liter glass jars with lacquered metal lids are suitable for preserving jams. The containers must be sterilized either in boiling water or in an electric oven. Before pouring dessert into jars, they need to be dried.
If the jam does not need to be stored for a long time, nylon lids can be used.
If the dessert turns out to be sweet, thick, add a little citric acid to it so that it does not "explode" during storage. The thicker the jam, the less it spoils.
Store it in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Then the finished product will stand for three years. At positive temperatures, the shelf life of a canned sweet product lasts about a year. If the lid "swells", it means that there are metal particles in the dessert, or it is burnt, stuck to the walls of the container.
Raspberry jam with whole berries is a storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. Raspberries contain salicylic, citric, malic and tartaric acids. Dessert is a prophylaxis against colds, reduces fever and relieves inflammation, and vitamins A, B, C, E contained in raspberries make it unique at all times. Indeed, it is always pleasant to sit comfortably in the living room on a cold, slushy day and treat people dear to their hearts with hot tea with raspberry jam.